If you are suffering from gender dysmorphia, we have good news for you. You can undergo Gender Change Surgery in India. It is a procedure that helps a gender dysmorphic person to shift to their self-identified gender. This surgery has “Top surgery,” “bottom surgery,” and facial feminization surgery.
People undergoing SRS Surgery in India undergo a transition process, which begins with progesterone, followed by testosterone, estrogen HRT, aka Hormone Therapy.
India has seen a rise in gender reassignment surgeries, according to data. One of the factors for this rise is the affordable cost of a sex change surgery.
The cost range of gender reassignment surgery in India is as follows:
- Male to Female: Rs 2 to 5 lakhs
- Female to male: Rs 4 to 8 lakhs.
The hormone therapy, during which hormones like estrogen and progesterone are injected, costs Rs 2500 per month. And if you want a visiting therapist, you will be charged around Rs 8300 per session.
Cost Per Procedure
We will break down the whole cost of your gender transition journey per the procedures and other factors to keep in mind.
Male to Female Surgery:
A Breakdown of Male to Female Surgical Options
- Penectomy: This surgery involves the removal of the penis from the patient. It is for the transwoman who doesn’t want to keep the penis. It starts from Rs 90000.
- Orchiectomy: It is testicle removal surgery. It starts from Rs 83000.
- Vulvoplasty: This surgery involves the creation of a vulva after the removal of the penis, scrotum, and testicles. It starts from Rs 30000.
- Zero depth bottom Surgery: In this surgery, the physician rearranges the tissues of the penis and scrotum to generate a vulva and properly functioning urethra. It costs around Rs 42000.
- Vaginoplasty: During this surgery, the physician uses the skin and tissues of the penis to reconstruct the inner and outer vagina. The surgeon will also use a skin graft to construct a vaginal canal. It starts from Rs 8 lakhs.
Facial Feminisation surgery and its costs
It consists of cosmetic surgeries used to change male facial traits into feminine ones. It involves the reshaping of the chin and jawline, removal of facial hair, relocation of the hairline, etc. Here are some procedures and their costs as follows:
- Tracheal Shave: This surgery involves the shaving of the trachea. Used by trans-women and non-binary people, this surgery costs around Rs 52000. It is also called ”Adam’s Apple removal surgery.”
- Cheek implantation surgery: This surgery is used to make cheeks look full and more feminine by either cheek implants or cheekbone enhancement. It costs around Rs 74000.
- Jawline Feminization Surgery: This part of the surgery involves the reconstruction of the jawline to make it look more feminine. The outer jaw is surgically proportioned to make it more suitable for the face. It starts from Rs 85000.
- Chin Feminization surgery: In this surgery, features of the chin and jawline are enhanced to make them look more feminine. It is also called chin enlargement surgery. It costs around Rs 85000.
- Forehead surgery: In this surgery, the extra skin of the forehead is removed to reduce the height of the hairline. It costs around Rs 33000.
- Voice feminization surgeries: This surgery is performed to apply a more feminine voice to the patient. It costs around rs 84000.
These surgeries may seem costly, but they are far more affordable in India than the other nations.