Gender Change Surgery
Sex Reassignment Surgery(SRS), Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS), or Transgender Surgery is a procedure that helps individuals who recognize their gender as dissimilar from the gender of their birth. So trans people get Gender change surgery in Andhra Pradesh.
The Need For Gender Change Surgery
The main motive of the surgery is to tailor the features of the body to match the gender, which is similar to the identity of the person. Therefore, the demand for Sex Change Surgery in Vizag is exceptionally high. Here people get Female To Male (FTM) or Male To Female (FTM) surgery.
Types Of Gender Change Surgery
Gender change surgery is for people who do not resonate with their gender. There are a few types of gender change surgery that one can get, so here is the list:
● Chest or Top surgery: this surgery is done to tailor the tissues of the breast to make the look more manly, or it is also done to increase the breast size to create a more feminine look.
● Facial reconstructive surgery: in this procedure, the changes are made to create the male or female look.
● Genital or Bottom surgery is the procedure to reform the genital or reproductive area of the patient.
During The Gender Change Surgery
The changes during the surgery depend on the procedure one opts for. Like if a trans person opts for facial reconstructive surgery, then there will be the following changes:
● Cheekbones: with the help of several injections, some recognizable changes are made in cheekbones.
● Jaw: the surgeon uses fillers or cuts off the jaw to make it look more competent.
● Chin: it helps to define cheeks and make them look more prominent.
● Nose: in this procedure, the surgeon opts for a surgery which is called rhinoplasty to reshape the nose.
Changes In Transgender Women
If you are an assigned male at birth (AMAB), then your surgeries include the following:
● Cutting of adam’s apple
● Elimination of scrotum and penis
● Implants of the breast
● Formation of vagina
Changes In A Trans Man
If you are an assigned female at birth (AfAB), then your surgeries include the following:
● Removal of the breasts tissues
● Removal of uterus and ovaries
● Forming of penis and scrotum
Every surgery involves some kind of risk, the same as surgery for gender reassignment. After this surgery, the body goes through thousands of changes which can sometimes cause a few complications. So here are a few complications that can occur after the surgery:
● Extreme bleeding from parts of the body.
● Some adverse effects of anesthesia
The Perspective Of The Surgery
The people who get gender change surgery witness some positive changes in their life. Most of the patients are satisfied with their surgery and enjoy their happy life, as trans people who go through gender dysphoria go through a lot of mental health issues. This surgery reduces their stress and allows them to relish their life to the fullest.
Time To See A Healthcare Provider
If planning to go for gender change surgery, the right choice is to get it from VJ’S Transgender Clinic for the right approach and most appropriate treatment.