Based on the sex organ of a child, the doctor assigns the gender. People donate them as cis-male or cis-female. However, transgender is those who are typically given a gender based on their sex organ, but they do not associate with it as time passes. They might go through gender dysphoria and identify with the opposite sex. It is not a cute sight to behold. Instead, it is distressing physically, emotionally, psychologically, and mentally.
And this body image issue makes them want to identify with the ideal standard. Hence many transgender females undergo Facial Feminization Surgery in Vizag to treat gender dysphoria.
What Is Facial Feminization Surgery?
It involves many different procedures that help the candidate change their masculine feature into a more feminine one. Some significant procedures in facial feminization surgery include:
- Slightly modifying the hairline to reduce the forehead size.
- Face upliftment.
- Augmentation of lips.
- Resizing the chin and jaw.
An Overview Of Facial Feminization
We all know that facial features help people identify their genders, such as the shape and structure of jaws, eyes, cheeks, and eyebrows. Facial feminization is a part of the male to female surgery that helps them transition to the desired gender they want to associate with. This procedure also provides them more comfort and confidence, unlike before.
Facial feminization includes a series of cosmetic surgeries to make a face look more feminine and delicate. Some of the common procedures include:
In this cosmetic surgery, the surgeon raises the eyebrow to make the facial feature more feminine.
The surgeon removes the male peak from the hairline and brings it forward.
Reshaping chin and jaw
To give a more feminine look, the professionals make the jaw a little pointed, as the male jaws are typically square.
Reshaping Adam’s apple
The key secondary sexual organ in males is adam’s apple which is not present in females. In this surgery, the doctor reshaped the adam’s apple to give them a feminine appearance.
It is a nose surgery that helps you get a slimmer and trimmer nose to match the whole feminine look.
You can choose cheek implants or cheek augmentation surgery if you want to give your cheeks a feminine look.
Who Is The Right Candidate For Facial Feminization Surgery?
Not everyone is eligible to undergo the procedure of facial feminization surgery. We have listed some of the most prominent elements to help you learn who is the right candidate for this surgery.
- Your health should be good and maintained, including both mental and physical.
- The doctor must diagnose you with gender dysphoria before they begin the procedure.
- You should not have certain health conditions such as blood clotting, bleeding disorders, kidney diseases, and heart diseases.
- You must be at least 18 years old or older.
- You should know all the limitations of undergoing cosmetic surgery.
- You must have a normal lipid profile, blood sugar, blood count, electrolytes, and enzymes in your body.
- You should definitely avoid excessive use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
Contact VJ’s Transgender Clinic and book your appointment now for a facial feminization surgery. For further details, our doctor will give you initial consultation to clear all your doubts.