What Is Sex Reassignment Surgery?
Sex Reassignment Surgery, or Sex Change Surgery in Vizag, is a procedure that helps people change themselves to their identified gender. Nowadays, people prefer to use the terms gender affirmation or confirmation surgery to describe gender change surgery. It sounds more inclusive and positive.
Why Do People Undergo Gender Affirmation Surgery?
The biggest reason behind undergoing gender change surgery is that people are unable to associate themselves with the designated gender by birth. Basically, when their physical body does not match the gender, they identify with. It is an extensive surgery with many steps and precautions before the doctor conducts the treatment.
What Is The Difference Between Non-binary And Transgender?
The term transgender describes someone who identifies with a different gender than the assigned sex at birth.
Whereas gender nonbinary is someone who does not fit any traditional notions from the male or female category. People from both categories can opt for a Sex reassignment surgery in Vizag if they want to.
What Are The Types OF Transgender Surgery?
With the help of a Gender Affirming surgery, any transgender person would be able to transfer themselves to the desired gender identity. There are various procedures that one goes through based on their needs and desires. Some of the processes include the face, genital, and chest.
Common transgender surgery options include:
- Facial Reconstructive surgery: it helps you get a facial feature that resonates with the designated gender, either feminine or masculine.
- Top or chest surgery: this procedure helps remove the extra breast tissue to get a more masculine appearance. It also enables you to enhance the size of the breast to get a more feminine look.
- Bottom or genital surgery: it is a surgery that transforms or constructs the genital area to the gender they identify with.
Is There Any Other Surgery Apart From Gender Change Surgery For Gender Dysphoria?
No! The gender Affirmation procedure is not limited to only surgery. In fact, not everyone who identifies themselves as transgender undergoes surgery. Based on your age and preferences, people might also choose:
- Hormone therapy
It helps increase the characteristics of masculine or feminine as per your description. Some attributes include vocal tunes, hair growth on the body, and much more.
- Puberty blockers
This helps you prevent going through puberty and build the characteristics of masculinity and femininity.
- Voice therapy
This procedure helps you adjust your tone or voice to help with communication skills while associating with the gender you are identifying with. This also helps you introduce yourself with the designated pronouns easily.
Besides that, people might also socially transfer themselves to the gender they resonate with, through surgery or without surgery. These are some of the common social transitions that you might adapt to.
- You might adopt a new name
- You might choose different pronouns
- Present yourself as per the gender you desire by wearing different clothing or changing your hairstyles.